Labor Day came around and we made plans to have a picnic at Liberty Park with some friends, Caleb and Megan. Colton made street tacos. It was a simple recipe and super yummy! He found it here at Simple Recipes. Megan and Caleb provided corn on the cob and I brought along my adorable picnic basket my father-in-law gave me. The meal was perfect! We passed the time catching up and watching slack-liners cross from tree to tree. If you want a recipe with few ingredients to deal with and plenty of flavor, this is a great one to try out!
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 cup minced onion
- Several pounds of any kind of beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. veggie oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Heat up a pan and pour the oil in
- Chop the meat into strips and mix it with the garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the meat to the pan.
- Stir the meat as needed
- Allow the meat to caramelize a little
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave or pan. Be careful they don’t dry out, add some moisture as needed.
- Put some meat, onions, and cilantro into each tortilla and enjoy!
- Keep the tortillas moist by spritzing them or by flicking water on them with wet fingers.
- Slightly frozen meat is easier to slice, but if you are having trouble with a knife, you can try using kitchen shears.
- If you don’t have a garlic press, get one! They save a lot of time.